Our Mission Statement.
• To provide a sustainable and attractive shop which will deliver valued products and services
to the whole community.
• In addition the shop will enable social engagement across the whole parish and will use its
surplus funds to develop the business and to support a range of community projects and
Yarpole Community Shop Association Ltd. (The Shop in the Church).
The regular shop opening hours are –
Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 1.00pm & 3.00pm to 5.00pm
Saturday – 9.00am to 1.00pm
Sunday & Bank Holidays – 10.30am to 12.00 midday
Gallery cafe open Monday to Saturday 10.30am to 12.30pm (Serving light lunches until 2.00pm on Thursday's and Friday's).
Welcome to the on-line home of Yarpole Village Shop and Post Office. The first community shop to receive the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service.
We are a community run village shop based in St Leonard's church, Yarpole, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 0BD.
Learn our history in About Us.
We are the first full-time shop in a church, open 7 days a week, run completely by volunteers. Come and visit us!
Yarpole Community Shop donates more than £2,000 to local projects in 2016.
51 Shareholders who were present at the AGM, held on Thursday, 2nd June 2016 voted to once again donate money from annual surplus from 2015 to the following local projects -
• £80 Arts Alive,
• £750 Village Hall for audio equipment,
• £100 for restoration of path from Stoneybrook to the Church,
• £200 for the Community play,
• £250 towards the cost of Church flower arrangers expenses
• £620 towards the cost of repairing the footpath from Brook House Farm to Croft Lane.
Andrew Praill, the Shop Board Chairman, said "Once again it is wonderful to be able to return money to the Community. I hope that next year we will have even more to give back. The more the community supports the Shop the more the Shop can support local projects such as these".
The Shop was voted Best Village Shop & Post Office in the UK in 2010 in the Countryside Alliance Awards. A group from the shop travelled to the House of Lords to be presented with the award.